Formation: Although the formation phase will not “close” to allow for the possibility to welcome new partners, the project structure and official start within IMS occurred in the first half of 2014 with the partner signing of the Memorandum of Agreement and joint structuring of the project activities.
Knowledge Sharing: During the knowledge sharing phase, the partners will have the opportunity to establish a common knowledge database, ways of working, and the identification of opportunities for collaborative knowledge building. Joint participation in a common conference or venue (WMF or GCSM or other to be identified) will be targeted along with a platform meeting.
Collaborative Knowledge Building: During the collaborative knowledge building phase,joint research on the research objectives will be conducted, disseminated and exploited. The joint research objectives are:
- Factory Auditing & Diagnosis of Material and Energy Efficiencies
- Manufacturing Sustainability KPIs
- Solutions for efficient manufacturing (Roadmapping Processes and Technologies)
- Energy Saving/Harvesting/Scavenging Technologies
- Harmonization of the factory with its environment
- Case Studies
- Sustainability Scoring
- Student Exchanges
- Financial / Economic Impact Assessment Tool